Recent content by BlueFox

1. B

FS: Lots of Supermicro servers/motherboards, DDR4 RDIMMs, drives, etc

Not as bad as you might think. ~$350 even though it's about 55kg.
  2. B

Where can I buy H13DSG-O-CPU-D?

If Supermicro won't sell it to distributors on its own, which is most likely the case, then you're out of luck. They have little reason to given the proprietary nature of the motherboard.
  3. B

Gigabyte is refusing to provide GPL source code for BMC firmware

As mentioned previously SFC v. Visio has not concluded after 3 years in the court system, so, no, currently, Visio has not been compelled to do anything. The outcome of it may set a precedent, but only in the jurisdiction where it is being heard, the US. A court case on other side of the...
  4. B

Supermicro backplane BPN-SAS3-116A-N10 power connectors

They're also Molex connectors. Mini-Fit line comes in a very large variety. Connectors don't really determine pinouts or voltages as there is no "standard" use.
  5. B

SSD design question…

How exactly do you propose to do that? Via PCIe? Then you're back to needing a controller. If literally directly wired to the CPU, it would take a considerable number of pins that would be effectively wasted on a very slow device, nevermind having to completely redesign CPU architecture. You...
  6. B

So, there has yet to be an outcome in favour of the plaintiffs, which means no precedent has been set. The OP is not even in the jurisdiction where the case is being heard anyway.
  7. B

Been in litigation for 3 years now and that's an organization with a bunch of lawyers.
  8. B

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

More things from my closet. Local pick up in Phoenix or shipping at your expense. Pair of Areca BBUs. One is just the bare PCB with no battery. I have no Areca cards at home and am not going to drive to the colo to test them, so I can't guarantee they still work, but I have no reason to suspect...
  9. B

Best of luck. You personally have little recourse to pursue legal action against them since you're not a party to the contract.
  10. B

Where do I find a sturdy cardbox for packaging an ICX 7250-48P (in EU)

Tons of options in the UK? I had a quick look at London as an example and smaller ones cost under 50p. Something that would fit a switch would be a little over £1. You might have to buy 20 of the smaller ones, but that's still only £10 total. Example: Single Wall Cardboard Boxes | Best Price |...
  11. B

Where do I find a sturdy cardbox for packaging an ICX 7250-48P (in EU)

No local shops that can make one for you? At least in my relatively large city, there are a dozen packaging supply companies that can make custom sizes and just about every FedEx/UPS/DHL location stocks a multitude of boxes as well. You can always buy one that's larger than you need and resize...
  12. B

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Local pickup in Phoenix. Might consider shipping them, but we'll see. Gone - Have a pair of Adlink Matrix MX-5401 fanless industrial systems. They come with an i7-4700EQ, some RAM, and an Intel SSD. Feature list is pretty extensive with 4 x Intel NICs (including vPro support), dual 2.5" + CFast...
  13. B

8x 4090 motherboard recommendations

New systems are going to be MCIO and there are plenty around with enough connectors to do that. I've seen Epyc Genoa ones with 20 x MCIO and 4/5th gen Xeon Scalable with 22 x MCIO, each good for PCIe 5.0 x8. Should get you what you need. Non-proprietary boards have fewer connectors, but still...
  14. B

Is bigger always better? What size of hard drives for your archives?

Which I explained at the end of the post you just quoted? Didn't find the other attributes on the first datasheet I encountered and the overall one explained it sufficiently. Either way, it's still purely based off density...