Recent content by ano

1. A

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

hmm but the frequencies are off? https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/4207vs4206vs4535/AMD-EPYC-7763-vs-AMD-EPYC-7713-vs-AMD-EPYC-7B13
  2. A

Recommendation for a good and fast iSCSI switch

arista or mellanox should be nice (check if later has os) dell with OS10 is also quite ok, but kinda hard to know you get perpetual, and support reinstatements can be iffy
  3. A

New Dell M14MK SFP28-10G-25G-85C (AFBR-725ADMZ-FT1) for XXV710, $99

they work well, we run a lot of them, cx4, cx5 , only have 100g cx6 so no idea there
  4. A

Mikrotik crs510_8xs_2xq_in switches - anything to be aware of?

I like mine! not been picky about SFP28 and optics, but some of the CCR sometimes doesnt like SMF CWDM4 on older FW you can also configure mlag with hypervisors & mikrotik &between
  5. A

Parts to Convert Dell R7515 to 2U Heatsink

winder of this fits Dell 1FHKC PowerEdge R7525 2U High Performance Heatsink | eBay
  6. A

pcie gen 4 enterprise nvme ssd ~80% price rise questions

its a price fixing/wanted thing. heck we were even told up front :|
  7. A

Parts to Convert Dell R7515 to 2U Heatsink

interested in this as well, mine run the fans a lot more than they should wasteing power there
  8. A

What SSDs to replace SM863s?

really? wearing on the sm863 is quite impresssive, we run them on some DC stuff still, still going strong! pm883 sm883 or new 897 is an option
  9. A

SAS, SATA, U.2, NVME, MiniSAS, HBA or RAID, OcuLink?? - Lost in Diversity

SFF-8643 used for nvme has a different ohm rating, than regular sas and should not be mixed, often identified by white plugs on SFF-8643 nvme versions. mcio is so superior to everything, but hard to get to answer some stuff b) yes, it fits, some backplanes has both sas, sata AND nvme, and it...
  10. A

Enterprise SSD/HDD price increases :-(

NVME u.2 we bought i now 3x for same... but SAS SSD and u.2 are now closer, we have almost only bought u.2 now, previously I bought a LOT of sas SSD, like petabytes at a time.
  11. A

e810-CQDA2 woes.

have only used theese on windows, and vmware, but work fine there (and dell optics) with oem intel cards in windows at least the fw update is quite fast& easy with DACs, and sometimes even optics I have to set speed/duplex manually.
  12. A

Best Approach to Cheap Distributed NVMe?

supermicro 826, and 829 comes with N4 backplanes, can be had for 2-300 and can fit H12 motherboard or H11 or similar, so ends up decent cheap, <1k with h11, and about just over 1k with h12 (motherboard, chassis, cpu, ram) stay away from the models requireing risers, they are hard to get...
  13. A

2 x FAST gen4 nvme can use as much as 50% of a 7402 cpu.. with 25g nics! quite interesting really, it loves cpu. we are doing 7313 cpus with 4x nvme per HCI host now.. due to licensing.. so yeah :|
  14. A

budget? usage? dataneeds? usecase? 2U servers with 4x nvme u.2 can be had quite cheap