Recent content by amalurk

1. A

Planning to Shut Down the Forums This Weekend

Nice! Forums are quick to load!
  2. A

Planning to Shut Down the Forums This Weekend

You cannot make it read only on old/disable login, transfer to new cluster, verify it is working on new then point DNS to new cluster?
  3. A

2024 pfSense Builds

Can the C3000 processors with pretty poor single core speed saturate the 2.5 gb WAN to LAN with a handful of firewall rules?
  4. A

Anyone suffer brain injury and having issues working in IT?

Not a medical doctor but benzodiazepines can cause hallucinations and I would ask your medical providers if your long term use of those medications are now possibly making things worse.
  5. A

SBC with 10Gbe + M.2 with at least 2-lanes of Gen 3?

This is what you want OP or even better than 7 series optiplex is the similar HP Pro desk that have 2 x m.2 slots and can fit 3 SATA SSD or 2x and 1x HDD drives in SFF. So each node could have 1x m.2 boot, 1x m.2 118GB Optane for DB/Wall, 2 x bulk SATA SSD per node, 1 x large HDD for capacity...
  6. A

Engenius ECS2512FP $300 (offer) - 8x2.5GbE POE++ and 4xSFP+

Where is the non-POE version at 1/2 the price or less?
  7. A

SOLVED: Anyway to improve the performance of new TrueNAS rig (EPYC 7402P)

Video card in there you didn't list for hardware acceleration of 8k playback?
  8. A

New Mikrotik Switch found for Sale in USA

Not a great deal really but It is an Interesting switch and Baltic is fine. I have purchased from them before and they are listed on the Mikrotik website as a reseller. Ideally a switch like this would be $100 not almost $200. I'm over the 2.5g premium it should just be everywhere and cheap.
  9. A

Correcting a Series of Mistakes - Proxmox, ZFS, and TrueNAS quandary

Home much NVR storage do you need? Buy a used Intel S3710 SSD with good lifetime writes left and put the NVR storage on that and you are done.
  10. A

I have fallen in love with MooseFS

Post some benchmarks we can use to compare with Ceph.
  11. A

SOLD

What fans did you add?
  12. A

Power-efficient Proxmox server advice

SFF Elitedesk 800 G5 with i5-9500 32gb ram and boot m.2 idles at 9-11 watts for me with my power meter with Proxmox.
  13. A

Xeon D Cluster Advice

You aren't comparing the same number of cores with the 2123it vs 1541. They both have a single thread passmark in the 1700s but the 1541 has a multicore mark of 10k and the 2123it only has a multicore score of about 6800 because it has half the cores of the 1541. So newer would not be better if...
  14. A

Database Use Cases - At Home Experience

While default Home Assistant uses SQLite you can have it use MariaDB/MySQL instead for its database. There are also lots of self-hosted apps that use a databases that do things like organize media, calendaring, Wiki etc....
  15. A

Micron's "Power loss protection for data-at-rest"?

Not sure but it sounds like marketing speak where you make up a similar name to a real feature to pretend you have something similar when you actually don't have the real feature.