STH Forum Changes Feb 2013

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Prepping the forums to move to the colo. Should see much higher performance once this is complete. I did want to let everyone know that I (finally) bought a license to and installed vBSEO on the forums. It is running in a not very invasive mode at the moment (hopefully) but I think it is turning some of the http: // whatever . com links into links with titles. You may also notice some of the permalinks have .html extensions and a share/ like system.

Forum growth is a priority this year. dba and I were chatting at CES 2013 and both of us thought that STH forums needed to get a bit bigger. Mid-2011 through early 2012 was a very slow time for the forums but it is starting to pick up.

Aside from the growth we saw after 10,000 posts, it does feel like we are getting more involvement here which is a good sign. If you see anything else that we should do (or have friends who may want to join) feel free to reach out. Performance is a top priority and the forums will be getting an enormous upgrade soon.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We can look at bigger member boxes. Also looking to make new user groups.